Things I've Learned About Disney






Embrace the FastPass!!
If you are like me, and completely hate waiting in boring lines.. then utilize these puppies. Boyfriend and I basically have fastpasses down to a science, but I'll keep it short and sweet for you guys. Get a fastpass first, for the ride you most want to go on. Throughout the day you can get more fastpasses, just pay attention to the bottom of your ticket, which will tell you when you can go get another one. You can use your fastpass ANY time after the initial return time. You do not have to use it only during that allotted hour.
These things are serious life savers. Use 'em.



Get a Dole Whip
Wear your patient pants and wait in the 15-20 minute line, and get yourself a Dole Whip. 15-20 minutes just for some pineapple ice cream?! Yes, guys. It's totally worth it. My Disney trip is never complete without one.



On the subject of food..
I do not recommend: Hungry Bear Restaurant. The food is less than stellar. (Read: it was gross.) I DO recommend trying the beignet in New Orleans Square, or a Monte Cristo sandwich from Cafe Orleans. If you have a few extra dollars to blow, you can try to get a table at Blue Bayou. That'll be the restaurant to the right of you as you're on Pirates. The food is amazing, but the wait times to get a table are usually upwards of an hour. Reservations are also tough to make. If you want something on the cheap, the hot dogs and corn dogs are great (and what boyfriend and I usually end up getting.)



Trying to avoid the crowds?
Ha, good luck. Boyfriend and I have had very mixed luck with this, and now we don't try at all. The least crowded weekend that we went (really, the park was like a ghost town compared to how it usually is) was within the first couple of weeks that school got back in. We don't get to go on weekdays very often, but when we do, it's always just as crowded as the weekends.



Ride the kids rides
You're allowed to be a kid here. Are they as exciting as the more 'adult' rides? No. But if you're looking for nothing but exciting rides, you should probably be at 6 Flags and not Disney. Embrace the Disney magic, and experience your favorite movies through the rides. You will walk out of the ride grinning.
(True story: The Snow White ride still scares the crap out of me.)



Stay for the show
The fireworks are always spectacular, as is World of Color at California Adventure. Be forewarned, things get crowded, and if you try to find a spot at the last minute, you won't get the best view.
Also step inside for a few of the silly 3-D or 4-D shows (or Great Moments with Mr Lincoln). They can be a nice way to relax your feetsies for 10 minutes, and the shows aren't bad.



To Bring
If you're going sans kids, you don't need to bring a whole lot. I recommend bringing a couple bottles of water and possibly some snacks. (You will pay out the butt for these things inside the park.) If you're going in the fall - 'winter' time, bring a sweater in your backpack. It gets pretty cold (California cold) once the sun starts to set, and you'll want it. I've kicked myself plenty of times for going without one, and shivering my way through the rest of the night.



In the end.. you really can't go wrong at Disneyland.
But if there's one thing you decide to do.. GET THE DOLE WHIP.


9 comments:

Corinne said...

Dole Whip. Got it.
But seriously thanks for the advice! I'll file it away for when I finally get to visit the wonderful place :)

Unknown said...

I haven't been there since I was like 5. I need to make a trip back, and when i do...I'll take your advice.

Clara Turbay said...

it´s simple and great!

Kristin said...

I want to go just for space mountain and a dole whip asap

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

basically I'll just take you with me, problem solved.

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog!!
But ummmmm... brilliant advice!!
We are heading to Disneyland in the spring and I will be taking all of this advice!

Head to Toe Chic said...

I've never been to Disneyland but Disney World is my favorite place of all time. Great advice :)

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Where were you when I visited Disneyland for the first (and only time) in my life almost 3.5 years ago?! I never knew about Dole Whips until after I got back and I am kicking myself in the butt because of this. I did have a churro though. Which was darn delicious. Also, it was freezing and I even brought a hoodie. Vito bought me a tinkerbell blanket to keep warm during the fireworks.

I miss Disney. Every. Single. Day.

I can't wait to visit Disney World some day.

Allie Howell said...

Aren't Dole Whips the best? I like getting the floats! If I ever make it out to the Disneyland in CA, I'm gonna let you know. And you tell me if you ever get to Florida! Internet meetups can't be creepy if they're in Disney! :)