San Diego Weekend






The only plus side I can find in my long distance situation, is my weekend visits. 

This weekend was full of Disneyland, Julian, and Bates Nut Farm. 

We spent all day Saturday roaming around Disneyland, but left at 5 after Space Mountain closed, and we had our fill of the heat and crazy crowds. We ended up driving out of our way to go to Dickey's for dinner. I hadn't had any since I lived in St George, he hadn't had any since his visit in July. Sooooo good.

Sunday was mostly a driving day. We took a long drive through the mountains to Julian, where we stopped for some apple pie, then drove some more to Bates Nut Farm. We walked around looking at the huge pumpkins and decided to feed this cute baby black sheep before leaving. 

We said our (sad) goodbyes, and I started my drive home.. where I almost died after being in the car for 15 minutes. The car in front of me decided to slow to 10mph to get over for her exit.. y'all, we're on the freeway. The only time you should go that slow is when everyone else is, too. Suffice it to say, I'm glad I have good brakes and that the car behind me was paying attention. 

I rewarded my quick reacting with some french fries. Because that's the right thing to do.

(PS Thumbs up for awkward picture spacing that I'm too lazy to fix.)

8 comments:

Corinne said...

Look at all those Pumpkins!! Love this time of year :)

Alice said...

I really need to get out and enjoy San Diego more.

I love Disneyland. I wish I could afford year passes but with 5 family members it's a small fortune! :(

Unknown said...

I just love your random little comments you throwin the endsof your posts. They make my day. I've never heard of dicky's....it exists in saint george?

Unknown said...

I totally get how you're feeling! Looking for jobs is THE WORST. I don't have many friends left here either. Maybe both of us need to branch out and find some new friends.

Alyx said...

french fries are ALWAYS the right thing to do. ALWAYS. And I wanna go to Disneyland!!

Mikelle Jade said...

YES french fries, best reward :)Looks like you had a lot of fun, and I LOVE the pumpkin patch pictures!

Katie said...

what great pictures! love pumpkins in the fall! and glad you didn't get in an accident!

Vanessa said...

I was JUST telling Vito that we need to experience Halloween decorations in Disney at some point in our lives because I LOVE how it looks! I so wish we lived closer to either Disney. BOO!