Recent Finds

I love facebook sometimes. They run me into fan pages, or groups.. that are awesome. My most recent find?

"Only in the HD"

I'm going out on a limb here and assuming none of you are killers. I'd say none of you are crazy, but that would just be...crazy. Ha!

Ok. The "HD" is where I live. It stands for the High Desert, a nickname given to the towns all grouped in this area. There's Oak Hills, Hesperia, Victorville, Phelan, Adelanto.. and if we're feeling nice, Barstow. I hate Barstow.

These towns are notoriously trashy, for the simple fact that it is filled to the brim with LA and San Diego transplants. People who can't afford it down there anymore move up here. It's close enough to both that a commute isn't ridiculous, and it's cheaper. I'm not kidding when I say it's trashy though. I actually live in one of the 2 least trashy towns.. and it's still not that great.

Take, for example, the local Walmart. While I've lived here I believe there have been two shootings. Both resulting in deaths, the latest resulting in the death of 2, one who I went to high school with. Among those more serious crimes, there are a lot of parking lot crimes (don't go at night!) So..yeah. Target and I are bffs now.

I went off on a serious tangent.

Suffice it to say, I don't like where I live. And I found this "only in the HD" group, and it is full of pictures proving the areas trashiness.
Here are some examples:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(This must be why the cops are always just too busy..)

Photobucket
Unfortunately, my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Not even the worst)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Best for last.

10 comments:

Kyla Makay said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! i am laughing histarically. Poor girly! MOVE! MOVE MOVE! I couldn't stand living there.

And a donkey? REALLY! haha.

-makay

Leah said...

Hahaha! This post made me laugh. Seriously? But I love Barstow because of the outlets. Hahaha!

Marci Darling said...

HAHAHAHA THE DONKEY. Kellie, my dear, this post is gold. (and dude--i live in "the heart of dixie"...we have our trash too!)

Kate said...

Oh my gosh this is hilarious! The donkey has to be my favorite!

Come visit CO. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Oh man that was hilarious!

Sarah said...

Wow...you live in an interesting area! With all the shootings, how do you go out without being on edge all the time?
Guess that's one thing good about living in Smalltown USA that I don't have to worry about too often.

Slamdunk said...

Every town needs a store open 9 days per week. Gotta love the police and donut shot as well.

kelzone said...

MEXCIAN!
ba ha ha ha ha...i laughed right out loud

Andy said...

Lmao. Ahhh I should be living there.

Sierra said...

Mexican food is the best and I always love seeing a nice movie.