Midwest Crime

Isn't this picture kinda self explanatory? I've been occupying myself today with these funny stories, you know, the ones that make you feel smarter. Happy to have finished high school.. happy not to live in the midwest. Just kidding, but not really. I lived there for a little bit, luckily nothing rubbed off on me.

But this particular picture makes me scratch my head. What exactly were they trying to achieve? I'm pretty sure the bearded man was going for a Batman look. Not very impressed with the coloring job, though. This is basic stuff, boys.. elementary school basic. The second guy, well I'm not sure what he was going for. I think he started off with a mustache, then decided he should have a full on beard. Then decided he wanted to be black. Once again, shoddy coloring job. And is it just me or is Batman trying to strike a pose for the mugshot?



I just wanted to throw that out there, and now I'm gonna do a short thankful list..

1. I'm thankful that I'm not a stupid criminal who thinks a magic marker face would make a perfect describe.

2. For my boyfriend, because he has to put up with my attitude and I know that must be tough.

3. Being able to keep a somewhat positive attitude after a car crash, stabbed hand and broken cell phone. Pieces of crap.

4. Fires on a cold day. It has been fuh-reeezeing lately.. but luckily I only have to be outside for less than a minute at a time.

5. Payday tomorrow! I get to spend 2/3 of it on stuff I need. How dumb is that?

6. The awesome weekend I had with family.

7. Being able to come home and relax.

8. Keeping my temper and not degrading people- no matter how much they do it to me.

9. This book I'm reading.. and the fact that I'm reading again.

10. The experience of flying, again. A lot of people never get the chance to fly.. and I've had some of the best experiences flying ever. It's great.

8 comments:

Live From Fleet Street said...

Don't hate on the Midwest. It's not as bad as you may think. People are friendly and not everyone is a hick or finds joy in being drunk 99% of the time. Quite a few of us are pretty smart and I cannot imagine having grown up anywhere else :)
However, the weather does suck.

Kell said...

I don't hate the place, just a lot of the people. Where I was, hardly anyone was friendly. And the teenagers lives did revolve around cars, drinking, sex and fighting. Not generalizing- I know there are some good seeds out there. I at least enjoyed all the green.

Live From Fleet Street said...

Hahaha. I can relate to that feeling. I was very fortunate to have an amazing group of friends that chose to bypass all the things that I consider to be morally awful.
However, the most unfriendly people I have ever encountered were on the coasts...difference of perspectives possibly?

Kell said...

That's good to hear- I had my cousin at least, but he eventually started doing all the drinking and such.
But I think you're right. I'm not gonna lie and say the people here are friendly, but living here for so long I've encountered quite a bit of great strangers. I didn't live in Illinois very long though, and didn't meet very nice people. I actually don't think I've gone anywhere and just thought 'Wow these people are great!' haha.

Sierra said...

Happy Friday sweetie, hope the cold goes away and I know how it feels about the paycheck - once you get it, it is already gone! Boo!

Sara said...

Car crash, stabbed hand and broken cell phone? I think I'd be a little pissy with just one of those scenarios, let alone all three.

Good luck with the positive attitude!

Tana said...

I love how thankful you are! And on a friday? You are a special breed... I heart your blog so I'm off to click the follow button...

Nomad said...

i'm just angry the guy on the right was not dedicated enough to finish the rest of his coloring in.