Saturday

Oh I've been gone a while! Well, not too long, but it's certainly longer than I've ever gone without posting. In my absence, nothing has happened. Maybe that's why it was so easy to skip updating this. I could probably even go a couple more weeks without, but I kinda miss you guys.
Kinda.. but I'm totally not the clingy type. (lie)

Anyway, in case any of you are living under a rock, it is now halfway through September. And then some. Which means, it's almost October, which means it's almost November, which means it's almost CHRISTMAS! I mean, December. But no one really likes December for anything but Christmas. We should just rename the entire month Christmas.

Tangent.

Yes folks, I am one of 'those' people. I kind of look forward to those other holidays.. that one at the end of October, and that one with all the food in November, but Christmas is where it's at for me. It's all about happiness. Warm fuzzies, gingerbread houses, Christmas trees, presents and family. So naturally, I'm already looking for those PERFECT presents. Because I'm not the kind of person to give out gift cards.. I do the whole 'thoughtful' thing.

Are any of you like this?! I get kind of obsessed with Christmas as soon as the weather goes from 100+ to 85. It's just such a happy time!

Photobucket

9 comments:

Jaimie D said...

I'm one of those "christmas starts after halloween" people, not after thanksgiving! love love love it! best season of the year. Hands down!

Kyla Makay said...

Oh gosh... I love Christmas! Favorite time of the year. :)

I just love walking in to a glowing house that is toasty and warm with a flicking fire and the smell of cinnamon! :)

-makay

amanda leeann said...

i adore christmas. i love the food, the smells, the attitudes, the music - it's just awesome. oh, and the lights.

{i hafta like halloween 'cuz it's my birthday!}

warm fuzzies abound!

Corinne said...

I'm right there with you! I LOVE Christmas!! Because I'm so excited for it to arrive I put up Fall decorations up right after Labor day...because I wanted to be sure I gave those some time before I start bringing out the Christmas decorations at the beginning of November ;)

Little Miss Paige said...

OH I hear ya sister! My Christmas music is already playing! :)

XOX,
little miss paige

KatOfDiamonds said...

Yay Xmas =]

Amanda Wissmann said...

I HEART CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! Now Im all excited! YAY!

Cassie said...

Oh dear lord, Christmas is the only thing that gets me through winter. Too bad Christmas comes at the very BEGINNING of winter.

But I'm the same way with gifts. I have a really hard time just giving gifts that clearly don't require much effort. The thing is, I don't mind receiving gift cards at ALL (in fact, I love it), but I never feel warm and fuzzy about giving them to other people. I also share your thought process-- when it comes to fall, it's basically Christmas. I can't believe how quickly each year goes by.

(As for your comment on my blog, take it from me: you will never in your life need that old, hidden can of potted meat. Please dispose of it ASAP. It's not worth feeding to your pets during the middle of an apocalypse, let alone letting it fester in the back of your pantry somewhere.)

Cassie
www.wittytitlehere.com

Unknown said...

This makes me want the cold so bad. It's hard to feel like October when it's 85 outside. BOO