How Old Are You Now? 80?




A biiiiiiig happy birthday to this guy. My dad. 47 years old.

I thank you for my blonde hair, and my sense of humor. Also, for always taking me to work with you. Some kids would go into their dad's office and play with staplers. Not me, though. I got to go on a gigantic Naval amphibious assault ship (yes I looked that up) and eat free soft serve ice cream until I was sick. Literally. Then I'd get sick all over my clothes, and have to wear my dad's 500 times too big coveralls. Then have my picture taken. Not my shining moment..


My dad raised me to have values and respect. Even being in the navy for the first 19 years of my life, he was always there for me. So congrats on turning another year older, old man. Enjoy your lunch tomorrow at the most awesome spaghetti restaurant ever.

(I just re-read this. I claim to have a sense of humor but this is one of the driest posts ever. I promise I'm funnier in real life!)

5 comments:

SERENA said...

Happy birthday to your dad! He sounds lovely! :) I've always wanted to go on a real ship, but sometimes even living by the sea doesn't help when you have no connections! ;)

Corinne said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad!!! I love the pictures - you two are an adorable father/daughter duo.

Sam said...

happy, happy birthday to the pops!

Kyla Makay said...

HAPPPPPPY BIrthday to your Daddy. :D

Love, Makay

Anonymous said...

Aw, very nice!! Happy birthday to your dad!!! :D